What are the functions of car oil seals?
1. Prevent sediment, dust, moisture, etc. from intruding into the bearing from the outside;
2. Limit the leakage of lubricating oil in the bearing. The requirements for the oil seal are that the size (inner diameter, outer diameter and thickness) should meet the regulations; appropriate elasticity is required to properly clamp the shaft and play a sealing role; it must be heat-resistant, wear-resistant, strong, and resistant to media ( oil or water, etc.), long service life.
In order to use the oil seal reasonably, the following points should be paid attention to:
(1) Shaft speed Due to design and structural reasons, high-speed shafts should use high-speed oil seals, and low-speed shafts should use low-speed oil seals. Low-speed oil seals cannot be used on high-speed shafts, and vice versa.
(2) The oil seal with general pressure has poor pressure bearing capacity, and the oil seal will be deformed when the pressure is too large. Under the condition of excessive pressure, a pressure-resistant bearing ring or a reinforced pressure-resistant oil seal should be used.
Material composition of automobile oil seal
The commonly used rubber material for automobile oil seals is nitrile rubber. Nitrile rubber is a commonly used rubber material because of its low cost and wide application. In the daily manufacture of oil seals, different rubber materials are selected according to the sealing medium (use environment or occasion), etc.
1. Nitrile rubber
Nitrile rubber (made from butadiene and acrylonitrile by emulsion polymerization) has extremely poor cold resistance and relatively good heat resistance; wear resistance increases with the increase of acrylonitrile content, good water resistance and oil resistance , is a widely used rubber in the sealing industry.
2. Silicone rubber
Silicone rubber has excellent weather resistance, poor alkali resistance, weak wear resistance and low tensile strength, so it is generally not used for dynamic sealing; its high temperature resistance is only lower than that of fluororubber, but its low temperature resistance is the highest among rubber materials. OK
3. Fluorine rubber
Fluorine rubber has good oil resistance and poor cold resistance. Fluorine rubber is a stable and balanced one among all rubbers, and it is also the best high temperature rubber in the rubber industry. The price is relatively expensive; it has good wear resistance and can be used for dynamic sealing. Environment.
Since the specifications of automobile oil seals produced by each manufacturer are different, and the materials and processing accuracy required by customers are also different, oupin seals can make comprehensive calculations for rubber and plastic seal products according to different needs of customers and make quotations for customers. Welcome to consult the car oil seal.
What are the steps to replace the car oil seal?
Replacement of car oil seal:
1. When disassembling the installation part of the oil seal, be sure to replace the new oil seal;
2. When removing the oil seal, please do not damage the inner surface of the cavity hole;
3. When replacing with a new oil seal, leave a seam of about 2mm in the cavity hole. When the lip end of the new oil seal contacts the shaft, the contact part of the old oil seal is removed.
The installation method of automobile oil seal:
1. First, apply lubricating oil or mineral oil thinly to the shaft surface and chamfer. When inserting the shaft into the oil seal or when it is being inserted, prevent the lip portion from lifting;
2. Please insert the shaft into the oil seal carefully, keeping the center of the oil seal and the center of the shaft concentric;
3. When the shaft is loaded into the heavy cavity or the long shaft is inserted into the cavity assembled on the machine when installing the oil seal, a part of the lip part is forced to damage the end of the lip, so please assemble the shaft and the cavity well Assemble the oil seal later. When it is not possible to install the oil seal after installation, please consider installing a guide device for the cavity and the shaft.
The replacement and installation of automobile oil seals are all here. oupin seals are engaged in the design, production, sales and service of seals. They are committed to innovative research and development and customized solutions. Welcome to inquire.
Post time: Aug-24-2022